Same country yet worlds apart
Sorry for not updating yet guys, but it’s been a hectic holiday so far…we’ve hardly had time to think about where we are and what we’re doing. Here’s the rundown of our trip so far…
After an exhausting, and largely sleepless 16 hours in the air, we arrive in Vegas to endless amounts of pokies, frozen margaritas, strange odours, absolutely horrid fashion blunders and too many fake boobs. Our hotel room at the Flamingo is absolutely amazing with a huuuuuuge bed, a TV in the mirror of the bathroom and an incredible view of the Strip (including the Bellagio fountains). Throughout our 3 days in Vegas we managed to tick the following boxes:
• Visiting almost every casino on the strip
• Gambling a little but not too much
• Winning a little but not too much
• Blowing our budget at the Outlet stores (the Hurley store definitely delivered some bargains)
• Seeing all the free night shows the casinos have to offer (Treasure Island, Bellagio, Mirage)
• Drinking and gambling at Old Vegas (awesome place and so much cheaper than the strip)
• Seeing the Freemont Experience (light show) at Old Vegas
• Clubbing (of various kinds)
• Laughing at the bizarre things homeless people do for money and/or grog
• Got a ride in a limo and VIP entrance (which isn’t so VIP, more that it’s just the back door) to a club
It was a hectic but awesome 3 days in Vegas, but after the experience it will most certainly be a destination for future visits.
The next city we found ourselves in is Orlando, Florida….more specifically Disney World. The contrast between Vegas and Disney World has never been more apparent. Everybody is always happy in Disney World, there’s no need to watch your bags, there always seems to be free things and cards with half naked girls don’t get thrown in your face. In Vegas everywhere you go people are trying to make money out of you where as Disney World we haven’t even had to tip anyone. Where we spent up big in Vegas, we’ve hardly had to spend a cent in Disney World. Our package included airport transfers, accommodation, park entry (to all the theme parks, water parks, interactive gaming parlour and miniature golf), transport and all the food that we could ask for.
After arriving at Disney World, we made a lame attempt to visit Epcot before both nodding off in a 3D movie. This was the point we decided to call it a day and sleep off our Vegas trip. Since the first day of Disney World, we have been non-stop hopping between parks, Downtown Disney and miniature golf during the day and seeing the night shows of fireworks and light shows at night. We have managed to visit 5 of the 6 parks so far, with the 6th, Animal Kingdom being on the agenda for tomorrow. Throughout the days we have gone on heaps of rides and slides, with Sal being terrified and sweaty palmed on almost everything.
We have 2 more nights in Disney World and an NBA game tomorrow night, before flying out to yet another contrasting destination, New York. We have both had so much fun so far and are excited for what the next 2 weeks have to offer.
More later but make sure you check out our photos on facebook….more to come up soon!
Love Nath and Sal